Here is my result. Mike (Walling) did its review and I agree with him. He spotted 2 places that are too neutral and break the continuity of the video. I'll do some corrections soons shouldn't be long. I wonder if I should put this assignment in my reel. I Would also try to do a better render. This one was done in a few minutes just to get a quick motion blur on it.
Here is the final of my assigment. Pretty happy with the result and had a lot of fun to animate it. Got great feedbacks too! There are a few twitches in its animation that bothers me but have to leave it as it is for now.
So here is my blocking after Mike's critique. He told me it is going pretty well. He showed me a few places where I can push it a bit more, a problem with the surf board too synced with the turtle causing reading problem, add more air time when he finnaly gets the surf board unstucked... Pretty cool idea. So here are the fixes, now jumping to my worst nightmare: step to spline.
A breakdown of my assigment. This is going somewhere I love. I am having difficulties to have a fluid and easy to read animation. Trying to avoid using too much keys. These days this is really what I am working on: Tell more with less. Trying to use less key to communicate an idea, communicating it through rythm, holds, silhouettes...
Here is the blocking of my next assignment. Wanted to use a different Character than those I have been using and I enjoyed a lot this idea.
here is the final of that shot. Few stuffs are still unpolished or roughly done like the facial and the hands, but I am pretty happy with it. I will work back on it for the final progressreel according to mike's review.
So since I am starting F3 this week, I got to stop working on it. I rushed it a bit during the last week. If I had the time, I would add some jiggle, make its entrance feel a bit more heavy, polish more the collision of its paws with the rocks.
Some suggestion fromJason Anastas helped a lot making it more interesting. I enjoyed animating it even if it tooks a bit too much time for me in my opinion. Jason Ryan gave me a few suggestion concerning the camera to make the shot more interesting.
So the Workshop 2 is almost done ! woo hoo ! There is only one assigment remaining and it is going to be finished in few weeks. This is a video of our shots so far in this workshop.
My teacher Jason Anastas was awesome. And as he promised me at our first mail exchange: He is going to get my animation skills to the next level. Ianimate went far beyond my expectation and is by far the best environment to learn animation. Can't wait for the next workshop. It took me about 4 hours per day + 16 hours per week end during 12 weeks to get this.
This is probably the second last progression I'll show for a review to Jason Anastas
Im glad with the result so far and learned a lot of stuff. I can't wait for next assigment, but I want to continue working on this one to have a great shot for my demoreel. Missing facial, hands, environment, hardening some movements...
This is the forth snippet. Pretty simple stuff. I used one of the provided references because I wanted to focus on the main assigment. Maybe 4 hours
So it has been a while I did not update this blog because I was too busy with my assigment and did not take the time to post here. So this is another assigment which was Run to Walk or Walk to Run. I tried to keep it simple but somehow I ended up again with a complex shot.
Here is a test of the Run Cycle, and the Blocking too. I try to nail all the weight shift and everything before starting to touch details.
After two weeks of animation, I finnaly come to this. This is the shot I submit for the last review and this will be a good one to put in my next demoreel ! I love it pretty much but there still have some parts that I would smooth a bit more...
So here is the final shot I have been able to do in 3 weeks between 3-4 hours per day afterwork. I had busy week end and haven't work every weekend days on it. I am glad of the result even though I decided to do a complex shot. The assigment was sit to stand and had to focus on body mecanic. Body mecanic in it is not at all perfect, I could have done better this way, but I had so much stuff to polish that I did not had the time for perfection. Next times, I'll try to find great idea, a bit less acting, and focus more on body mecanic a bit. A bit. But it was fun and can't wait to do and learn more about acting. I submitted this shot for the final review but I will work on it one day since it is close to be a really great piece to my demoreel !
Not perfect, but it works. I cannot afford much more time on it. Got to work on my main assigment the sit to stand !
So here is the second assigment in which I put more acting than the one before. I Like where it is going but as of now I can't feel enough the anger when she stand up, not believable enough.
No render in it. only viewport 2.0
Here is the final stat of the shot I gave to Jason Anastas. He gave me some notes on it and I will definitely fix it as soon as I can ! Only few stuffs to correct on the feet.
Here is the last version of this shot as of now. I'll be fixing some weight issues eventually.
I have been working on few walkcycles these day. The one bellow is a WIP
Here Is the walkcycle I have been doing in about 10 hours, some things could have been better but I will leave it this way. I will now work on another walkcycle more cartoony